Thursday, July 12, 2012

Parent Teacher Night Ideas

 

Soon enough I will experience my first Back to School / Parent Teacher Night. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. Parents have many different expectations for their children and of me, the teacher. So I have decided to surf the world wide web for different ideas that are creative as well as practical and this is what I have found:

1. Handy Work
To showcase the children's work, have them trace and cut out their hand prints, and the student's name with the phrase Handy Work after it, then you can then laminate it, and glue a magnet on the back. You can select what you would like to present to the parents that evening and place this on your magnetic board.

2. Apple Poem
Print out the following poem, attach it to an apple in a goodie bag, and give them to the parents:

"An apple for the teacher
is really nothing new
except when you remember
parents are teachers too!"

clip_image001

By Kindergarten Cupcake Crumbs


3. Wish List
clip_image002

By Kindergarten Cupcake Crumbs
 
4. Brochure to give to the parents

clip_image003
By First Grade Blue Skies
 

5. Bio Poem

clip_image004
By Mrs. Gold’s Class

The kids can create a small poem about themselves and you can display them on silhouettes!

6. “Why I love my parent” Bulletin Board
This is sure to be a hit. Vera Leih, eHow contributor writes:
“Get your students to help design the "Why I Love My Parent" bulletin board. Ask them to write a short description of the reasons they love their mom, dad or both of their parents. Place the quotes on the bulletin board, along with information on the parent-teacher conference. Then, send a letter home to parents telling them about the bulletin board and that it will be unveiled at the parent-teacher conference. Encourage them to set up an appointment to learn more about how their child is doing in school and to read why they love their parents so much.”
These are just a few ideas that I have found. If you have any ideas that you would like to share, please do so, we would all be excited to hear them!

A Marina A

1 comment: